London Book Fair 2014
Representatives from vPrompt attended the 2014 London Book Fair in April. The London Book Fair is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels. In honor of LBF we released several free ebook versions of nearly forgotten English books.
We welcome you to download these eBooks in EPUB3 format to read and keep for yourself.
- An Historical Guide to London – This 1911 guide to London was written by George Robert Stirling Taylor contains many photographs and illustrations of early 20th century London as well as suggested walking tours of the city. (Download)
- Charles Dickens as I Knew Him – George Dolby, Dickens’ secretary and manager shares his his recollections of the famous author’s reading tours in Great Britain and America between 1866 and 1870. (Download)
- Peter Pan In Kensington Gardens – This 1910 reissue of the 1901 children’s book by J. M. Barrie comes to life with beautiful illustrations by Arthur Rackham. (Download)
- Ten Boys from Dickens – In this small volume by Kate Dickinson Sweetser we are presented with complete stories of the boy-lives portrayed in the works of Charles Dickens. The boys are followed only to the threshold of manhood, and in all cases the original text of the story has been kept, except where of necessity a phrase or paragraph has been inserted to connect passages. (Download)
- The Story of Jane Austen’s Life – Jane Austen the novelist is too well known to the literary world to need much more said concerning her; while Jane Austen the woman is still a stranger to most of those who read her books. To place her before the world as the winsome, delightful woman that she really was, and thus to dispel the unattractive, not to say forbidding, mental picture that so many have formed of her is the purpose of this volume. (Download)
If you would like all five eBooks, you can download them all as a zip file.
BookExpo America (BEA) 2013
BEA is the top event in North American publishing where content creators and consumers discover new books/titles, meet favorite and new authors, learn about trends shaping the book industry and network with those having a passion for books and reading.
New Delhi World Book Fair 2013
The New Delhi World Book Fair was a wonderful experience for vPrompt and me, personally. This was the first time vPrompt exhibited and we had fairly good run. We learnt the latest market trends, technology, requirement and pulse of Indian publishers. eBooks as well as Mobile Apps were big highlight of this Book Fair.
The Book Fair gave us the opportunity to meet a number of Publishers all under one roof. We also met authors, consumers and readers from different parts of India. Though most of Indian Publishers want to go Digital, many are still skeptical about selling their eBooks while a majority of Indian readers have not yet adapted to the changing trend towards eBooks. However, there are biggies who are already into eBooks and we were honored to have met them at the Book Fair. My special thanks goes out to them giving us some of their time. Two of these visits stand out in my mind:
Mr. Paras Bansal — Wiley India: Mr. Bansal kindly spared us some time despite his busy schedule. vPrompt has already converted ebooks for Wiley and Mr. Bansal discussed enhanced ePubs that can be best viewed on Android devices. We also discussed the opportunities regarding MS-Word Pagination, Editorial Services, Keyboarding and Web PDFs. vPrompt looks forward to continue working with this Market trend setter.
Mr. Amarjyoti Dutta — Pearson India: Mr. Dutta visited vPrompt’s stall and was gracious enough to meet with me and my team to discuss various opportunities. We have converted a number of titles for Pearson in formats like XML and ePub already. During the meet at the fair we discussed carrying forward this healthy working relationship. Mr. Dutta also showed interest in enhanced ePubs and keyboarding opportunities. I thank him for putting a word for vPrompt to Pearson’s Composition team. vPrompt looks forward to continue working with this Market trend setter as well.
In general, the New Delhi Book Fair was a good experience. This experience will help us to prepare for our BEA (Books Expo America) Exhibition in May 2013.
Thank you all of you!!!
Ameet Chauhaan (AC)